http://asianmodelsblog.blogspot.com/

Welcome my fashion world. Here you can reach the latest news and interesting stories about fashion trends and its industry, from fashion magazine editor, designer, photographer, or models. Hope you all can enjoy it and build your own fashion attitude!

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Vintage=Old fashion?

You can say that vintage is the priceless storage only existing in the museum. Or, you will say, hey my trash, your treasure. That's true. But when we call it vintage fashion, it must have some historical value and represent a special character of a certain period.

What is Vintage?

Vintage, or ヴィンテージ, 特に, 古い 型, is coming from a Japanese word. There are some many definitions. Retro and old-school style dressing are the most popular ones. Strictly to say, only Antique is called the real vintage. However the trend of vintage need to be understood as well preserved, exquisite, and old valuable stuff or clothes, existing between 1940-1980.

Actually, vintage is the old thing, for sure! They can call back their roots in those cheap second-hand stores. However, the spirit they express is more than cheap and old. It's the real style, which can last so long that even the floating time could't beat. They are classic, which means you could ware them in the past, in the present, and absolutely, in the future! Vintage cloths are not designed by seasonal, like the skinny legging wore by Audrey Hepburn in 50s, the plant-flora graphic print blouse by Emilio Pucci in 60s, and the skirt-suit by Chanel, they are all the classic vintage.

So vintage doesn't just mean old. They show a lot, your style and your life attitude!



If you are truly enjoy this, you can check some Vintage shop in Topeka area!
(Need to click  "-" to show the locations ; P)


View Larger Map


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE vintage! Great explanation and helpful to include a map where we can find it! My mom used to say that if you hold onto something long enough it will come back into style. So there are a few items that I love that I just keep in my closet (well mainly until I lose weight) but also because they are vintage... and 'old' or not or 'fashionable' or not, styles that I will always love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE vintage, too!!! I like to explore those vintage or second-hand stores. They will always surprise you and make you eyes shiny. And sometimes you feel you start another new life for the stuff you buy from the previous owner.

      This summer I traveled in Taipei, Taiwan. One of my best friends found a wine-red hand bag when we visited a antique store. She love it so much and after she opened it and searched inside for a while, she just found a name card which showed the identity of the previous owner. It's a Japanese lady, who was going to go back to Japan due to the end of the second World War. I couldn't describe my friend's happiness. And I think that the most charming part of the vintage!!!!

      Delete